Spring is here, time to dream about turning your backyard into an incredible oasis for you, your family and friends to enjoy. What’s more relaxing than floating in a beautiful pool, surrounded by the soothing sounds of a water feature and breathtaking landscaping. And Swimming and water aerobics is so healthy for you.
So, if you are considering installing a new swimming pool, there is a lot to think about.
Do consider the following, for the best experience of having a pool installed:
- Due diligence; speak with experienced and most reliable pool contractors, check their references
- Talk to friends and family who have a pool and ask them about their experiences
- Consider the size and use of your yard (other activities, entertainment, etc.)
- Sun exposure for best positioning of the pool
- If you have children and grandchildren, what type of fencing will you need
- Current landscaping and how to incorporate the look of the pool
- Look at pool design magazines and landscaping design
- Allow for privacy, plan accordingly (strategic placement of bushes or trees)
- Find out if there are any subdivision covenants/zoning issues
- Plan for outdoor lighting for those warm summer nights
- Be penny wise pound foolish, shop around, don’t Just hire the cheapest pool contractor or allow yourself to be talked into a pool style that doesn’t fit your lifestyle
- Plant flowers that attract bees near the pool area
- Bushes, trees -Potentially your bush or tree root system can interfere with your pool (particularly above ground pools)
- Trees, rocks and stones where leaves and stones may wind up in the pool
- Forget access to the pool from the house, bathrooms, and any entertainment area or deck
- Include a diving board, unless the section of the pool will be deep, as it can be dangerous if too shallow and it may increase your homeowner’s insurance drastically
- Mulch right next to the pool as it can attract bugs, you might need to treat for ants and termites
An in-ground pool design can be a large investment. Choosing a pool contractor who understands your needs and provides you with a comprehensive plan for the placement of the pool, the surrounding landscaping and all the amenities of the pool design will ensure a successful finished project that you’ll enjoy it for many years to come. Western Lehigh Landscape will work hand in hand with your chosen pool design contractor in coordinating the project. This design and coordination will remove the guess-work from your plate.
Call Western Lehigh Landscape today 610-395-5557